The devastation that car accidents wreak on victims and their loved ones is immense. If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident in Pittsburgh, you owe it to yourself to find a car accident lawyer who can help you recover money for your injuries. In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania there were 121,317 car accidents in 2014 alone; these accidents left almost 80,000 people injured and 1,195 dead. These accidents can be truly life-altering – if you’ve been hurt, you shouldn’t go it alone.
The lawyers of Goodrich and Associates , P.C. in Pittsburgh have been helping injured people and their loved ones achieve justice for many years. Pennsylvania law offers important protections to car injury victims and their families, and you may be entitled to payment for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Goodrich and Associates, P.C. are local auto accident attorneys who know the law and work closely with car accident victims to help them build the strongest case possible.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU’VE BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN PITTSBURGH
The days, weeks, and months after a car accident can be extremely stressful for victims and their families. You may be facing new medical expenses, changes in lifestyle, and may even have to take time off work to recover. Families sometimes struggle to make ends meet and don’t always know where to turn after an auto accident occurs. Here are some important steps you can take to protect your rights:
- Call the police immediately after the accident. Whether your accident was minor or major, the police should be contacted because a police report will make it easier to file an insurance claim later.
- You should also make sure you get proper medical attention as soon as possible after your accident. The closer in time to your accident that treatment begins, the easier it is to prove that your injuries came from the crash. If you’re at all worried that you’ve been injured, call an ambulance or go straight to the emergency room. Also remember that not all injuries are immediately apparent after a collision – head trauma, internal injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder may require specialized medical care and may require more than a visit to the ER to treat.
- Don’t accept blame for the accident. Car accidents can be confusing and frightening for everyone involved. State the facts clearly and honestly to the police. The time immediately after an accident is not the time to be identifying who is at fault, leave that to the authorities.
- Let your insurance company know about the accident. The sooner you let your insurer know, the faster they can work to process your claim.
- Contact an auto accident lawyer. An injury lawyer can assist you in seeking compensation from other negligent parties and help if you don’t think your insurance company is treating you fairly. If you’re not sure if you have a case, it is a good idea to schedule an initial consultation with an accident lawyer, just to be sure.
The injury lawyers at Goodrich and Associates, P.C. work hard to ensure that injury victims get the justice they deserve. Contact us today for a free evaluation and to learn more about what you can do to protect your rights.